The Glory of The Divine Mother as revealed in Savitri
Savitri is a many-layered mantric epic that Sri Aurobindo has gifted to earth and men. Given the mantric nature of Savitri and the incarnate Divine Mother at the center and core of the yoga of supramental transformation, it is felt that invoking Her Presence with the help of these mantric lines is bound to help the aspiring soul to open more and more to Her who holds the key to change human nature into divine nature. It is with this purpose that these passages have been selected, passages that reveal to us the glory of the Divine Mother and Her vast all-embracing, all-transmuting Love.
Author: Sri Aurobindo
Compiler: Alok Pandey
Print Length: 145
Publisher: Sri Aurobindo Ashram
Book format: Pdf, ePub, Mobi
The Updated version is coming soon,
subscribe to Auro e-Books Newsletter to get informed
when the title will be available.
The Divine Mother as the Great Creatrix
- The Divine Mother as Usha, the Dawn Goddess
- The Advent of the Divine Mother
- The Incarnate Divine Mother assuming a human form
- The Mother, – human and Divine
- The Divine Mother’s ordeal
- A static Oneness and dynamic Power
- The Divine Mother as Prakriti
- The Divine Mother as the divine Word that creates
- The play of the Divine and His Shakti
- The Divine Mother as the Power that liberates and transforms us
- The Divine Mother as Yogamaya
- The Sacrifice of the Divine Mother
- The Mother as the Supramental Mahashakti
- The Divine Mother as the Wisdom working unseen in Nature’s depths
- The Divine Mother as the key to Nature’s change
- The Divine Mother as the Queen and Empress of Life-Heavens
- The Divine Mother as the Omniscient and Omnipotent Power
- The World-Mother, Jagatjanani
- Aditi, the Mother of the Gods, the Supreme Transcendent Mother
- The supreme liberation that comes by conscious union with the Divine Mother
- The Infinite Mother, the Mother of Beauty, Love and Bliss
The Divine Mother as Savitri
- Incarnation of the Divine Mother
- The divine-human Personality of Savitri
- Savitri as seen by Satyavan
- The Mystery of Savitri, the Divine Mother in her human embodiment
- Savitri becoming conscious of her divine mission
- Aspect of the Divine Mother as Madonna of Suffering
- Aspect of the Divine Mother as Madonna of Might and Strength
- Aspect of the Divine Mother as Madonna of Light and Truth
- The Incarnate Divine recovering Her divinity
- The Divine Mother as the Kundalini Shakti hidden in Man
- The Incarnate Divine recovering Her Oneness with the Supreme Absolute
- The Divine Mother recovering Her universal Self
The Divine Mother as the Saviour Grace and the Transforming Power of Love
- Savitri confronting the being of Death
- Savitri revolting against the Falsehood and Darkness of Death
- Savitri as seen through the eyes of Death
- Savitri, the incarnate Divine Mother revealing Herself to Death
- Savitri, the Alchemist Power of transformation upon Earth
- Savitri securing the gifts divine for Earth and Man
- Savitri, the Sun-Word, giver of the highest Light and Love and Truth
- Savitri, the Power of God laboring upon Earth to bring Immortality
- Savitri, the Saviour Grace of the Supreme
The Glory of The Divine Mother as revealed in Savitri
The Divine Mother as Usha, the Dawn Goddess
The bringer of Illumination and Light
All can be done if the god-touch is there.
A hope stole in that hardly dared to be
Amid the Night’s forlorn indifference.
As if solicited in an alien world
With timid and hazardous instinctive grace,
Orphaned and driven out to seek a home,
An errant marvel with no place to live,
Into a far-off nook of heaven there came
A slow miraculous gesture’s dim appeal.
The persistent thrill of a transfiguring touch
Persuaded the inert black quietude
And beauty and wonder disturbed the fields of God.
A wandering hand of pale enchanted light
That glowed along a fading moment’s brink,
Fixed with gold panel and opalescent hinge
A gate of dreams ajar on mystery’s verge.
One lucent corner windowing hidden things
Forced the world’s blind immensity to sight.
The darkness failed and slipped like a falling cloak
From the reclining body of a god.
Then through the pallid rift that seemed at first
Hardly enough for a trickle from the suns,
Outpoured the revelation and the flame.
The brief perpetual sign recurred above.
A glamour from unreached transcendences
Iridescent with the glory of the Unseen,
A message from the unknown immortal Light
Ablaze upon creation’s quivering edge,
Dawn built her aura of magnificent hues
And buried its seed of grandeur in the hours.
An instant’s visitor the godhead shone.
On life’s thin border awhile the Vision stood
And bent over earth’s pondering forehead curve.
Interpreting a recondite beauty and bliss
In colour’s hieroglyphs of mystic sense,
It wrote the lines of a significant myth
Telling of a greatness of spiritual dawns,
A brilliant code penned with the sky for page.
Almost that day the epiphany was disclosed
Of which our thoughts and hopes are signal flares;
A lonely splendour from the invisible goal
Almost was flung on the opaque Inane.
Once more a tread perturbed the vacant Vasts;
Infinity’s centre, a Face of rapturous calm
Parted the eternal lids that open heaven;
A Form from far beatitudes seemed to near.
Ambassadress twixt eternity and change,
The omniscient Goddess leaned across the breadths
That wrap the fated journeyings of the stars
And saw the spaces ready for her feet.
Once she half looked behind for her veiled sun,
Then, thoughtful, went to her immortal work.
Earth felt the Imperishable’s passage close:
The waking ear of Nature heard her steps
And wideness turned to her its limitless eye,
And, scattered on sealed depths, her luminous smile
Kindled to fire the silence of the worlds.
All grew a consecration and a rite.
[Savitri: 3 – 4]