Preparing for the Miraculous
Preparing for the Miraculous is a series of ten talks given by Georges Van Vrekhem in Auroville in 2010 covering a wide range of subjects, examined from the Aurobindonian viewpoint. The book explores timeless questions in the light of Sri Aurobindo’s evolutionary concept and casts a refreshing new look on issues that have been the lasting preoccupation of seekers throughout the ages. In these talks, Georges discusses such questions as:
- What is the meaning of our existence in the cosmic scheme?
- Is there a divine purpose in life or is it merely the mechanical playing-out of competing “greedy genes”?
- Do we live in a blind universe aimlessly running its course from Big Bang to Big Crunch or is there a higher purpose in evolution?
- If there is a conscious guiding intent, why does it allow evil to exist?
- How do we transcend the limits of a blind “scientism” locking itself out of a vaster understanding by refusing to admit the existence of any factors outside of its self-imposed limits of “scientific” verifiability? Can these questions be tackled without landing in the other extreme of religious dogma?
- Is our planet Earth special in the universe?
- Do we human beings have a special role in evolution?